Lawn Aerator Sandals

We welcome your feedback on the Garden Express website and ideas on how we can better serve your needs.

Moderator: Forum_mod

Lawn Aerator Sandals

Postby Phil » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:24 am

[http://www.gardenexpress.com.au/media/Lawn_Airator_Sandles.jpg]

My lawn has a few tired looking sections and I thought the Lawn Airator sandals might be just the thing to help me fix things so I ordered them from Garden Express.

The sandals come with straps that are useless and after a couple of steps one's feet just come free. Realising that I was never going to get the things to work I ended up using packing twine to tie the sandals to my feet but this doesn't work either.

If anyone has worked out how to use these sandals successfully I would love to learn of their methods.

My lawn still requires attention and it seems I will have to go back to the old method of using a garden fork. Meanwhile, I'm $29.50 plus postage poorer for the experience. :evil: [/img]
"It is better for the Earth if a man plants just one seed than if he becomes a politician"
Phil
Groundsperson

Postby The Estate » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:09 am

Phil have a garden party for laidies only and they must where stilletto's, that will fix your lawn up :lol:
The Estate
Garden Wizard

Postby ian » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:17 am

Phil

I have tried a pair on and they are held quite firmly to the point someone couldn't pull them off my feet. Did you receive all four straps? What sort of footwear were you using to strap them onto? Were the straps coming undone or were they coming off your foortwear? There are several positions for the straps so I assume foot size wasn't a problem. I found that the best way to do up the straps was to thread through all three of the slots in the buckle which gripped quite well but for extra grip I could thread the strap back through the first slot.

If they still don't seem to stay on call Customer Service on 1800 677 437 or drop me a PM and I'll follow up with them.
ian
Site Admin

Postby Phil » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:57 am

Hi Ian,

I got all four straps and wore a pair of sturdy size 12 sneakers and couldn't get the straps to hold. When I got desperate and used packing twine I walked out of them. I couldn't have tied them on any tighter.

I'll try again and report back.
"It is better for the Earth if a man plants just one seed than if he becomes a politician"
Phil
Groundsperson

Postby aquarium » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:41 pm

i bought a pair a while back from kmart...about $14. with the heel section against the shoe heel i tied the straps so they don't come lose. no probs with coming off. btw...the walking is not quite like normal walking with them on...more lift.
aquarium
Curator

Postby Phil » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:15 pm

Well, I must admit defeat as there is no way I can keep them on for more than a couple of steps. They are now discarded on the verandah laughing at me each time I walk by.

I'll put this one down to experience and recall the adage if it looks to good to be true, it probably is. 8)
Phil
Groundsperson

Postby Pam » Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:15 pm

Phil, I reckon it's got to be your soil.
Pam
Garden Wizard

Re: Lawn Aerator Sandals

Postby Grasshopper » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:33 pm

I have heard many say that they bought them and they were quite usless--as they also couldn't keep them on--I would do the garden fork thing if I were you--and take them back and get your money back
Grasshopper
Head Curator

Postby West Coast Eagles » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:21 pm

Well I will add my two cents, Graham Ross used them about a month ago on BHG and they fell off within 5 seconds, he then used a mechanical lawn aerator, they may be flimsy?
Eagles - Premiers '92, '94 and '06
West Coast Eagles
Curator

Postby The Estate » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:30 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: yes I saw that show :-P
The Estate
Garden Wizard

Postby Mister Wisteria » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:17 pm

When I have used them I have used the straps and some garden twine, never had a problem, but there again I also made sure the lawn was well watered before I started which I suspect helps. They also did a excellent job. :D
Slip Slop & Slap and Don't Forget Your Hat.

Anti Skin Cancer Foundation.
Mister Wisteria
Garden Wizard

Postby bubba louie » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:31 pm

I wouldn't even consider buying any. My neighbours think I'm nutty enough as it is without seeing me marching around the yard. :oops: :oops: :oops:
“Just living is not enough... One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.”
Hans Christian Andersen
bubba louie
Garden Wizard

Return to Feedback