Different use for a furniture trolley.

Winner is Pam with 'No-climb hanging baskets

Moderator: Forum_mod

Different use for a furniture trolley.

Postby Pam » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:57 pm

I have quite a few plants in ginormous 500mm pots. They're way too heavy to carry, and dragging them is not always practical, nor easy on the back. There was hubby's furniture trolley, but the base plate doesn't come near holding the pot

So, using it to move a pot that size means having to physically lift and support the weight of the pot at the same time as tipping the trolley, again risking injury, or .....

Not much good!

So I bought another cheap trolley, I think it was around $20 and asked hubby to create a bigger base for it. He had a piece of exterior ply, so cut it to size, housed the edge to fit snugly against the frame of the trolley and then drilled and screwed it to the baseplate on the trolley.

Image Image

It works a treat. :D

Image Image

I use it for all sorts of other things too - carting bags of potting mix, moving rocks that are too heavy to lift, etc.
Pam
Garden Wizard

Re: Different use for a furniture trolley.

Postby Pam » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:07 pm

Hubby even came up with his own submission - he's gradually coming around. :lol:

As some of you are aware, we've collected the 'odd' rock from around the place. They can be incredibly heavy, so rather than leave behind those that are just a touch heavy to lift, he takes along his trolley (he prefers it) and uses it to get the rocks into the trailer without actually having to lift them.

Shocking picture this one, I'd like to claim that the blur is due to the fact he was moving so fast, but it's basically just a bad picture. :lol:

Rest top of trolley in the bed of the trailer and then simply 'walk' the rock up the arms of the trolley until it's up the top then simply roll off onto the trailer. It would probably be a good idea to place chocks under the wheels to prevent it sliding forward.

Pam
Garden Wizard

Return to Previous Garden Tips Competition - Garden Tool Tips