broad beans...no beans?

A forum for problem solving and exchanging ideas and knowledge related to the edible garden. Now includes sub-forum for sharing recipes and other ideas for using produce.

Moderators: Forum_mod, Pam, jack, Sam, Luzy

Postby kitkat » Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:59 pm

You win Ben ..hands down I reckon. What a great crop of beans.. we should all come for bean dinner!

my neighbouring farmer called in and tells me I have "chocolate spot" a viral disease in my beans and my snow peas too....though both are fruiting Ok now ......they lose their bottom leaves and the stem gradually turns brown with dots of brown here and there on the plant...not going to spray though..this I can live with....he grows faba beans which apparently are the same as broad beans ...so I live and learn.
kitkat
Head Curator

Postby Luzy » Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:38 pm

Oh Ben, thank you, thank you...

I will eat that broad bean and enjoy it enormounsly - even if it doesn't get beyond a few inches long. :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)
Luzy
Garden Wizard

Postby kitkat » Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:47 pm

My broad beans are actually improving with age ..they are becoming prolific now .Though I am still losing a lot of small one to going black ...and th e chocolate sppot is getting worse ...but will have plenty of beans before I chop them up for compost .
kitkat
Head Curator

Postby Luzy » Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:03 pm

Nice, kitkat - what are you having for dinner tonight? Looks like a good crop. :) But if they've got chocolate spot, should you not add that to your compost? :?
Luzy
Garden Wizard

Previous

Return to Fruit and Produce