Tatsoi

A forum for problem solving and exchanging ideas and knowledge related to the edible garden. Now includes sub-forum for sharing recipes and other ideas for using produce.

Moderators: Forum_mod, Pam, jack, Sam, Luzy

Tatsoi

Postby Marrion » Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:52 pm

I bough a punnet of Tatsoi yesterday, had never heard of it before :-? , but it sounds nice. Anyone here grow it?
Marrion

Postby Kerrie » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:25 am

Mum grew it a couple of years ago and found it so prolific they were all sick of eating it :)

Kerrie
Kerrie
Curator

Postby Marrion » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:52 pm

No probs with the seeds, Ben. They should produce OK because the seedling were organically grown locally. Will keep you informed.
Kerrie, I was going to plant them in my herb garden, do you think the Tatsoi will be too large for it, does it grow as large as Silverbeet?
Marrion

Postby Marrion » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:18 pm

The Tatsoi is growing well, Ben, no sign of any seeds yet but here is a photo for you:
Marrion

Postby Marrion » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:25 am

There are four plants there, Ben, I just bunged them in and never got around to separating them :oops: I went out to pick some herbs this morning and saw that one of the plants is forming a flower, so seeds may be on the go (yn)
Marrion

Postby kitkat » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:13 pm

so healthy Marrion .....good enough to eat even.... :lol: :lol: :lol: Mrs Speckle would like that too ....so I'll have to get some seeds next time I'm in town ...looks ike it would be great in a stir fry too.
kitkat
Head Curator

Postby Marrion » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:20 pm

Tatsoi is now flowering, Ben, will watch it like a hawk and save some seed.
Marrion

Return to Fruit and Produce