Chive pests

A forum for problem solving and exchanging ideas and knowledge related to the edible garden. Now includes sub-forum for sharing recipes and other ideas for using produce.

Moderators: Forum_mod, Pam, jack, Sam, Luzy

Postby kitkat » Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:54 pm

Marrion my Soninlaw is down in Antarctica right now for the second time ..I'll ask him if there are any aphids there :lol: He is badly allergic to bees and has to carry a syringe with him when on the mainland ..I think Antarctica feels safer to him. :cry: but hard on my grandkids who don't get to see him often.
yesterday I sprayed all the new growth on my roses ..one older bush was just covered in the little beggars..I also use rhubarb spray with soap ,...that too is a good deterrent but doesn't kill em.
recipe:
Boil rhubarb leaves ,strain and add lux flakes stir until melted, strain and add 50% water to the mix before spraying for thrip,aphid, caterpillars etc.respray after rain.
kitkat
Head Curator

Postby Marrion » Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:59 pm

Am surprised the Rhubarb spray doesn't kill them, knowing how toxic it is to humans :o , pesky little blighters :evil: , I know God put everything on this earth for a purpose but the only purpose I can think of for aphids is for the ants who like to milk them :lol:
Marrion

Previous

Return to Fruit and Produce