Rain

A forum for problem solving and exchanging ideas and knowledge related to the edible garden. Now includes sub-forum for sharing recipes and other ideas for using produce.

Moderators: Forum_mod, Pam, jack, Sam, Luzy

Rain

Postby jack » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:43 am

Had some decent rain here today and again tonight, i do love to garden at night (side effect of being a shift worker) so i took advantage of the downpour, which got me thinking of this question, how many people on this forum take advantage of the rain to go outside and put down the granular fertiliser's?
they say to water in fertiliser once you put it down and in the case of lawns never apply it to a dry lawn so you have to water it before and after.
tonight i did the sulphate of potash run around the tomato patch and the citrus fertiliser around the marigold patch before the rain got to much and i retreated back to the warmth of this room.
jack
Head Curator

Postby Marrion » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:11 am

I sure do, Jack, its been raining here for a few days, just a lovely light, warm sea drizzle. Had fertilised all my camellias and spread some blood and bone around too.
I bought some seedlings yesterday and I love planting them in the rain as you can see them settle in right away. (Y) (Y)
Marrion

Postby Ann » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:35 am

I often do too, Jack to save water.
I'm a bit like Bruce's spider; try, try, try again. Sonas, Ann
Ann
Garden Wizard

Return to Fruit and Produce