Grafted lemon and lime tree - eaten leaves & not producing

A forum for problem solving and exchanging ideas and knowledge related to the edible garden. Now includes sub-forum for sharing recipes and other ideas for using produce.

Moderators: Forum_mod, Pam, jack, Sam, Luzy

Grafted lemon and lime tree - eaten leaves & not producing

Postby suzer » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:13 pm

Not too long after I planted a new grafted lemon & lime tree, something seemed to be chewing on the leaves. The ones on the lime portion have not grown back and it almost looks dead. I bought some pest oil spray as none of the nurseries had suggestions on what it could be (they told me to go out and look in the middle of the night - needless to say, I didn't set my alarm!) and the leaves on the lemon portion have grown back, but the buds keep disappearing and occasional lemons fall off in the early stages, and today I went out to spray a bit more pest oil (have only done so once a month for the past couple of months) and notice a few black spots on the leaves (still nothing on the lime section). Any thoughts?
suzer
Cultivator

Re: Grafted lemon and lime tree - eaten leaves & not produci

Postby tam » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:10 pm

Maybe a picture would help.
tam
Gardening Sage

Re: Grafted lemon and lime tree - eaten leaves & not produci

Postby suzer » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:29 pm

Took some leaves to the garden centre and was told I have caterpillars (this is the 3rd time I've asked but hadn't actually brought leaves with before), so got some pyrethrum spray and fertiliser:) Apparently pest oil spray is useless on caterpillars:/
suzer
Cultivator

Return to Fruit and Produce