Good jobs to do at Easter

A forum for problem solving and exchanging ideas and knowledge related to the edible garden. Now includes sub-forum for sharing recipes and other ideas for using produce.

Moderators: Forum_mod, Pam, jack, Sam, Luzy

Good jobs to do at Easter

Postby Brewer » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:39 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm a novice gardener with a little place that I plan to move to permanently in a couple of years. I've planted a couple of fruit trees and built a raised veggie bed in a bird/rabbit/roo proof cage, but not much more. There are heaps of other spots around the house and in the wider garden area that need to be worked into productive plots.

My mum is planning to come and stay with me there for a week or two at Easter. She loves gardening, and I want to make good use of her when she's here. :twisted:

So I'm looking for suggestions of worthwhile tasks for us to tackle so that I can have all the supplies ready. Ultimately I want a productive fruit and veg garden, so I suppose at the moment I'm mostly interested in establishing perennials and getting beds set up. Just not sure what are the best jobs to do around that time of year in terms of planting and prep?
Brewer
Propagator

Return to Fruit and Produce