newly discovered fruit trees

A forum for problem solving and exchanging ideas and knowledge related to the edible garden. Now includes sub-forum for sharing recipes and other ideas for using produce.

Moderators: Forum_mod, Pam, jack, Sam, Luzy

newly discovered fruit trees

Postby thered85 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:40 pm

hi all
we have recently moved into our house. and where i planned in the near future in putting a shed, i have discovered some fruit trees hidden.
(i have found another place for my shed) I removed 2x olive trees on the weekend, approx 2m tall and gave them to my dad, as he was quite excited to take them on and grow some olives himself. and hidden underneath we have found 2x plum and 1x citrus (orange) tree. the plums are about 1.5m tall, but wasnt sure what they were at the time. 1 of them is nice and green, but the other doesnt have many leaves at all. the orange tree was well hidden underneath the olives and only 0.5m tall.
my main question is. what is the best way to keep these 3 plants thriving and how to make sure that they are able to produce some decent fruit.
sunlight is a bit limited, to about 6hrs a day. (and they cannot be moved within the garden to have greater exposure)
thered85
Weeder

Re: newly discovered fruit trees

Postby HortMaster » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:07 pm

clean off dead wood, prune to shape and fertilise......
HortMaster
Head Gardener

Return to Fruit and Produce