Our fruit which we have to much of.

A forum for problem solving and exchanging ideas and knowledge related to the edible garden. Now includes sub-forum for sharing recipes and other ideas for using produce.

Moderators: Forum_mod, Pam, Luzy, jack, Sam

Our fruit which we have to much of.

Postby dalelesley » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:38 pm

This is just one create of the apples and pears we get from our trees that grow down our drive way. From the apple we got 5 creates of mixed apples and from the pears we got 4 creates the wasps got heaps and the possums had a pretty good feed as well. As there is only two of us in the house it was way to much for us so most of it went either to Second Bite ( a charity that give to the homeless or hard up folk) or the age care home in town. I only had one complaint from an older lady who said the apples were great but she had trouble getting a good bite because of her false teeth. :lol: I am also told to deter the wasps white cabbage powder works and so does talcum powder has any one had any success with either of these products.?
Attachments
100_2678.JPG
dalelesley
Head Gardener

Re: Our fruit which we have to much of.

Postby midgin » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:39 pm

A lovely lot of apples...and a wonderful gesture on your part re donating the fruit. Well done. (Y)
midgin
Garden Wizard

Postby greg.l » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:48 pm

You could make cider from the apples next year.
greg.l
Gardening Sage

Postby abwal » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:54 pm

The mark of a good gardener - sharing extras with others. Well done. I am sure that such great fruit was very much appreciated.
Gardening is sharing.
abwal
Garden Wizard

Return to Fruit and Produce