watermelon - blackmountain/blackriver?

A forum for problem solving and exchanging ideas and knowledge related to the edible garden. Now includes sub-forum for sharing recipes and other ideas for using produce.

Moderators: Forum_mod, Pam, Luzy, jack, Sam

Re: watermelon - blackmountain/blackriver?

Postby dalelesley » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:24 pm

I had to add this as I didn't really believe it myself. I have mushrooms growing in my garden at this time of the year. We have had very little rain of late so I put the soaker hose on in my gladioli bed late last week. I had mulched the bed with sheep manure and old Mushroom mulch which I buy from the local nursery. I have had the odd mushroom in the bags in the shed where it was a tad darker. Any way I am stoked as I love mushrooms and they are not that cheap to buy. Hope I get the same results come winter when we are suppose to get mushrooms.
dalelesley
Head Gardener

Postby gardenlen » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:58 am

there ya go free food, good one
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
May You Find Serenity and Tranquillity In
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.lensgarden.com.au
gardenlen
Gardening Sage

Postby dalelesley » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:53 pm

My garden has gone mushroom mad. I have mushroom mulch on every thing in my garden and I have given the garden a hand watering. I went out yesterday and there is a heap of mushrooms growing in amongst my Gladioli's far to many for us so my neighbour got a heap of them will take some into town next time I'm going in there and give them to the age care people I'm sure they will put them to good use.
Attachments
002.JPG
dalelesley
Head Gardener

Previous

Return to Fruit and Produce