Yellowing Orange Tree Leaves

A forum for problem solving and exchanging ideas and knowledge related to the edible garden. Now includes sub-forum for sharing recipes and other ideas for using produce.

Moderators: Forum_mod, Pam, Luzy, jack, Sam

Yellowing Orange Tree Leaves

Postby Jim12s » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:52 pm

orange 100716b.jpg
Orange 100716.jpg

Hi!
Two years back we planted a small orange tree in our back yard in NW Sydney and have been dismayed to see yellowing leaves, mainly spreading from the veins in the upper most leaves. The soil has been very wet this winter and I have now installed some drainage. I have also added liquid gypsum to seek to break up the clay. Do you think I have a fungal infection, mineral nutrient deficiency or frost damage? Your advice would be wonderful.
Shalom, Jim
Jim12s
Apprentice

Re: Yellowing Orange Tree Leaves

Postby tam » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:25 pm

Mineral nutrient deficiency is the cause. A citrus fertiiiser will set it right.
tam
Gardening Sage

Postby karyn » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:05 pm

I think I read something recently about the cold soil affecting nutrient take up in Winter, but I would try a good citrus fertiliser, and also maybe some liquid fertiliser on the leaves. Not Seasol, as that's not fertiliser.
karyn
Gardening Sage

Postby tam » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:58 pm

I would also clear a bigger area around the tree as citrus have surface roots. This is also the area to fertilise.
Seasol will improve the soil.
tam
Gardening Sage

Return to Fruit and Produce