Zucchini plants turning yellow

A forum for problem solving and exchanging ideas and knowledge related to the edible garden. Now includes sub-forum for sharing recipes and other ideas for using produce.

Moderators: Forum_mod, Pam, Luzy, jack, Sam

Zucchini plants turning yellow

Postby wynnumgardener » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:55 pm

Hi Everyone.

I'm fairly new to gardening and this is my first post on this site.

A few months ago I grew some Zucchini plants from seed and they were a great success. All garden beds in my backyard have the same high quality soil I brought in around 6-12 months ago.

I'm trying to grow another crop in a different bed but the Zucchini plants keep turning yellow. This is my second attempt in this location.

I don't believe it is the soil as the zucchini plants successfully grew in a different bed with the same soil. I also don't notice any sign of pests etc.

I've been paying close attention to the moisture in the soil and have been very careful not to over or under water.

Does anyone have any ideas? It's very frustrating :(
Attachments
Zucchini.JPG
Zucchini
wynnumgardener
Apprentice

Re: Zucchini plants turning yellow

Postby markgrogan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:32 pm

I have personally encountered this problem before. At another storage bed, the vegetables are green and fresh, but on yet another one, they do not seem to grow or will wither halfway through. I discovered that the placement of the storage beds is the issue. There could be lesser sunlight or oxygen level at the new storage bed area, hence the yellowing and so on and so forth. Hope that helps!
Mark Grogan @ http://supercheapselfstorage.com.au/facilities/storage-wollongong/
markgrogan
Pruner

Return to Fruit and Produce