lemon tree

A forum for problem solving and exchanging ideas and knowledge related to the edible garden. Now includes sub-forum for sharing recipes and other ideas for using produce.

Moderators: Forum_mod, Pam, jack, Sam, Luzy

lemon tree

Postby Yen Tran » Sat Mar 15, 2003 9:50 am

help!! my lemon tree got no lemon.when there is a lemon it reach up to about thumb size then it fall to the ground,and all the leave it curl. i have feed it with citrus food anbout a month ago.

Email: jennifer9700@iprimus.com.au
Time: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 16:13:17 UTC
Yen Tran

Postby Kerrie » Sat Mar 15, 2003 9:51 am

If the leaves are curling on your tree it is possible you have some sort of parasite, a leafborer perhaps. I believe white oil helps with these, take a leaf down to a good local nursery and ask them for advice on how to combat it.

Email: kerrie_mark_au@hotmail.com
Time: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 08:32:47 UTC
Kerrie

Postby GT » Sat Mar 15, 2003 9:52 am

Possibly citrus leaf miner. A caterpillar that attacks the new growth sucking the sap and leaving twisted leaves and a silvery trail. Spray with White Oil but but not in the hottest part of the day.

Email: gardeng8@hotmail.com
Time: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 14:14:04 UTC
GT

Postby ann » Sat Mar 15, 2003 9:53 am

Is it getting enough water in summer? I only got two lemons last year on a young tree. My daughter reckoned there were thrips on the tree so I sprayed it, and I do have thrips on one of my rose bushes. It's the water when on restrictions that's a problem.

Email: ann@mail.elink.net.au
Time: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 02:46:10 UTC
ann

Return to Fruit and Produce