Multi fruit for citrus tree

A forum for problem solving and exchanging ideas and knowledge related to the edible garden. Now includes sub-forum for sharing recipes and other ideas for using produce.

Moderators: Forum_mod, Pam, jack, Sam, Luzy

Multi fruit for citrus tree

Postby April » Tue Sep 16, 2003 5:19 pm

Hi I have a small garden and I would love to have a citus tree that produces more than one fruit. Say a lemon that fruits most of the year and probably an orange and tangello.
Does anyone out there know where I can get one :?: I'm even willing to try grafting :!:
April
Never Stop whispering your heart dreams because you never know when your Angel is listening!

April
April
Cultivator

Postby Mandy » Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:18 pm

The November edition of the Gardening Australia magazine has a step by step guide to making your own "fruit salad" tree - It shows how to do bud grafting - this may help you, I think! From Mandy
Mandy
Head Gardener

Postby April » Thu Oct 23, 2003 9:47 pm

Thanks Mandy, I'll try and get hold of the November issue :wink:
Never Stop whispering your heart dreams because you never know when your Angel is listening!

April
April
Cultivator

Postby Mandy » Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:37 pm

No Problem :D
Mandy
Head Gardener

Postby Ann » Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:37 pm

Had a look at the prices in the nursery for citrus trees. :o No wonder people are going for multigrafted trees. If I knew someone with citrus trees I might even buy one tree and have a go myself. Hmmm My daughter is moving here and I think there are a couple of citrus trees in the yard.Ann
I'm a bit like Bruce's spider; try, try, try again. Sonas, Ann
Ann
Garden Wizard

Return to Fruit and Produce