Nam Doc Mai mango trees

A forum for problem solving and exchanging ideas and knowledge related to the edible garden. Now includes sub-forum for sharing recipes and other ideas for using produce.

Moderators: Forum_mod, Pam, jack, Sam, Luzy

Nam Doc Mai mango trees

Postby thewayes » Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:00 pm

Hi all I am new to this so I will try.I have around 35 different fruit trees and they are all healthy and produce a lot of fruit but I have a Nam Doc Mai mango tree and it only produces around 3-6 mangos each year. The tree is very healthy and around 5-6 years old. My other mango trees bowen and R2E2 produce well. I live in the south east of Brisbane. Does anyone have an idea of what could be wrong?

Regards thewayes
thewayes
Apprentice

Postby Ann » Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:22 pm

No idea as I'm too far south but just to welcome you to our forum. Hope you keep going with us.
I'm a bit like Bruce's spider; try, try, try again. Sonas, Ann
Ann
Garden Wizard

Postby Astar » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:08 pm

Welcome to the site. It's amazing what you find out when you go back over the old topics too. How old is your mango? My book says they do not come into heavy bearing until ten years old. :-? Fertiliser high in nitrogen for young trees, established trees feed with citrus food. Mid Spring, early Summer, late Summer and mid Autumn. I have a young one growing from seed and another one about two years old, so it will be a while before I get any fruit :!:
Flowers are like people, each unique in their own way.
Astar
Head Gardener

Return to Fruit and Produce