Onion Sets

A forum for problem solving and exchanging ideas and knowledge related to the edible garden. Now includes sub-forum for sharing recipes and other ideas for using produce.

Moderators: Forum_mod, Pam, jack, Sam, Luzy

Postby kitkat » Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:29 pm

BRRR yesterday was a pleasant 21 deg and sunny..... today is 9deg..... ,cold,windy with barely any rain ...I even watered my garden this morning ...Temps are all over the place strange for Ocober in the Wimmera.
I was going to plant my eggplants but the soil needs to be 18deg and its not even close to that here yet so they will stay in the shadehouse a bit longer....my tomatoes too are sulking and not big enough to plant out yet...have only got two into the ground yet ...apart from a couple of early attempts that the frost did in...gardening ....a place for alls easons ...in one day sometimes! :cry:
I am off to look at Linda's greenhouse pics....I have a lot of glass!! maybe Linda's pics will give me some ideas of what to do with it! :P
kitkat
Head Curator

Postby Pam » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:10 pm

BRRR yesterday was a pleasant 21 deg and sunny..... today is 9deg.....

Huh?? 38 here today! Perhaps we could meet somewhere in the middle, Kitkat?
Pam
Garden Wizard

Postby kitkat » Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:06 pm

Sounds good to me ...you poor Northerners are having heat and fires and we southerners anre freezing again ...its like Winter again today.

Kitkat two sat on the hearth this morning and literally howled at me to light the fire ...I never light it before 4pm usually but she won today ...my hands were freezing after feeding the hens and doing a few bits outside ...and then the wind driven rain came in again so I lit it and logged on ...and Kitkat2 is sitting by the fire behind me...so we are both happy. :lol:
kitkat
Head Curator

Previous

Return to Fruit and Produce