A NET Result!

A Forum for discussion of water gardening including ponds, bogs, bowls, fountains and waterfalls. The scope ranges from design and construction, associated plants, fish and wildlife, maintenance and simple enjoyment.

Moderators: Forum_mod, ColinM

A NET Result!

Postby ColinM » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:06 pm

Hi All,

Well this little project had been on my to do list for some time, so mice to tick it off...

Quite some time ago, my pond scoop net (not really up to the job of an outdoor pond with rocks around it) gave up severely in the (light) netting department, leaving me with a lovely wooden handle and extraordinarily useless wire loop :lol: .

After rummaging through the local pet stores, garden centres etc, there was nothing suitable.

Sew (and that deliberate misspelling Pam will soon become clear), it called for some creativity.

Out came a piece of 70% heavy duty shade weaved cloth, some mono filament (that's fishing line for the uninitiated :wink: ) and one of my dear wife's larger sewing needles.

My only past experience with sewing was marble bags (as a youngster) and buttons and hems as a bachelor.

So here's the result:

Tough as boots and works a charm! (Y) This won't rip in a hurry 8) :D
Dig It!

ColinM

For a man, the definition of HELL is singularly having to refit a king sized button-up doona cover that has been washed inside out!
ColinM
Senior Curator

Re: A NET Result!

Postby JNarelle » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:57 pm

Top job!! :)
JNarelle
Curator

Postby ColinM » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:23 pm

Thank you JNarelle :D
Dig It!

ColinM

For a man, the definition of HELL is singularly having to refit a king sized button-up doona cover that has been washed inside out!
ColinM
Senior Curator

Postby bubba louie » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:53 pm

When I was a kid we made our own butterfly nets.
“Just living is not enough... One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.”
Hans Christian Andersen
bubba louie
Garden Wizard

Postby ColinM » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:00 pm

Yes Bubba - actually forgot as a 7 year old in England we made our own nets to catch Newts and Sticklebacks :D - thank you for syntactically connecting me to my Mesolithic years :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dig It!

ColinM

ColinM
Senior Curator

Postby Pam » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:47 am

Creativity at its best Colin.

And when have I EVER corrected your spelling? I may, on a couple of occasions have mentioned something, never corrected it. And besides, where is the prooof, or it didn't happen. :twisted:
Pam
Garden Wizard

Postby ColinM » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:15 am

Pam wrote:Creativity at its best Colin.

And when have I EVER corrected your spelling? I may, on a couple of occasions have mentioned something, never corrected it. And besides, where is the prooof, or it didn't happen. :twisted:

:lol: :lol: Thank you Pam - I was pleased with the result. :D
Dig It!

ColinM

ColinM
Senior Curator

Postby Quenda » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:57 pm

Who says the younger generation can't mend and make do any more. :wink:

Top job, Colin. (Y)
Quenda
Head Gardener

Postby ColinM » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:53 am

Who says the younger generation can't mend and make do any more
- it's a long time since I've been called that (lovin' it :D ) though don't feel very young (especially in the back) after yesterday's gardening efforts :(

Top job, Colin.
- thank you Quenda :D
Dig It!

ColinM

ColinM
Senior Curator

Return to Water Gardens