My ponds ................

A Forum for discussion of water gardening including ponds, bogs, bowls, fountains and waterfalls. The scope ranges from design and construction, associated plants, fish and wildlife, maintenance and simple enjoyment.

Moderators: Forum_mod, ColinM

My ponds ................

Postby midgin » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:17 pm

I have one pond which does have various water plants, purchased from the nursery etc....first pic below.
However, of late, I have started creating a separate pond...in an old metal container which originally had a few Iris and some big rocks...um...rock are for the frogs to clamber in and out of the water.

How my experiment commenced, November 15th... as a temporary measure, I placed some fern in the make-shift pond...fern was Microsorum punctatum - Climbing Birds Nest Fern (thanks for the ID, BL) it is still going strong. BTW...I did remove the fern and pot it sand.
Some Google info led to me adding more...YIKES... to my pond, Obedient plant (potted in sand) and Society Garlic (ditto). Always wash off all soil from plant, prior to potting and submerging the pot. This amazing mix of plants was followed by adding a Variegated Canna (orange flower) remove soil, pot in sand etc. etc. Yesterday I did the same with a dark leaf Canna....OMG......I am running out of room. blush...blush..I have also added a piece of a Draceana and two Cordyline.....we shall see....hhmm...

Pond Fri 25.1.2013 010 b (Small).jpg
My original Pond

Latest effort....

Pond Sunday 15.12.2013 001 (Small).JPG
The over-filled pond....
midgin
Garden Wizard

Re: My ponds ................

Postby tam » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:33 pm

Looks very lush. The frogs should love it.
tam
Gardening Sage

Postby BenConnah » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:16 pm

Beautiful pond plants.....
You are doing great with your pond plants......
BenConnah
Lawn trimmer

Postby Pam » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:31 am

.OMG......I am running out of room. blush...blush

Isn't it always the way? lol

Looking good!
Pam
Garden Wizard

Return to Water Gardens