Let’s build Fishpond! :-)

A Forum for discussion of water gardening including ponds, bogs, bowls, fountains and waterfalls. The scope ranges from design and construction, associated plants, fish and wildlife, maintenance and simple enjoyment.

Moderators: Forum_mod, ColinM

Postby Waterlily » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:49 am

Yes, Pam, I did 100 pics for las time.
By the way, every weekend I jump in hehe :) , to clean from leaves and just for inspection. 8)
It's incredible feelings!!! And fishes don't scare me hehe, try to push me, tickle and bite me heeee...it's funny really. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ok. Time to go on work. :wink: I'm dressmaker (26y exp) by the way. 8)
Contact me before cutting, damaging or removing any PLANTS on your land.
Waterlily
Curator

Postby guzzigirl » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:14 am

just seen your pond pics for the first time. I'M IMPRESSED! What a wonderful pond! I bet the fishes love it. Do you get frogs too?

OMG I really dreaming now =p~ =p~
“Although you’ll find our house a mess, come in, sit down, converse…
It doesn’t always look like this! Sometimes it’s even worse!”
guzzigirl
Garden Wizard

Postby The Estate » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:30 am

and more pics. of your front yard, fence ect.. all finished now :roll:
The Estate
Garden Wizard

Postby Yani » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:18 pm

I really like your fishpond, Nymphae! Well done :)
Mouse and Bunny ROCKS!!! :lol: :lol:

Image Image
Yani
Garden Wizard

Postby mumchook » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:30 pm

Great pond, very lush and inspiring.

I am about to set up my first pond and saw yours today, so I'm quite excited at getting mine up and running.

Well done!
(Y)
:D
mumchook
Head Gardener

Postby froglover » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:39 pm

Nymphae wrote:Thank you, Pam. :D
Thank you, Comeilotei. :D
Very nice to see you!!! :D
I will put some new pics of our fishpond tonight.
And we have some baby fishes yahooo-hoooo :lol: ! Even one blackkk! :shock:

Welcome back, Nymphae! :) Good to have you back in the forum!

I have just been drooling over all your beautiful photos of your totally divine, awesome, amazing pond! I LOVE it! :D I think it is such a wonderful alternative to the regular backyard and lawn! Well done!

I am looking forward to seeing what it looks like now - our ponds are both so overgrown with all the warm weather, that I have today pulled out lots of nardoo (the clover-like plant) and a few water lily leaves, just so the fish have a bit of light! :lol: At least this good cover of plants has choked the blanket weed, well, most of it! :?
froglover
Senior Curator

Postby Waterlily » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:44 am

I put more pics of our fishpond yesterday. :)
http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a11/An ... 0Fishpond/

Guzzigirl, hi and thank you very much. Yes, I think fishes love it if they start to make babies... :lol: No, we have not frogs, to jump through some fences could be a problem for them but we have many different types of other water citizens here. :) I would like to hear frogs every morning…not sure about neighbors. :lol: Stop dream and start to dig your own. (F) :D

The Estate, oh…it’s a problem. :oops: When I was not working I could finish all…now I come back from work dead and weekend is so short :cry: …I still in process… 8)

Thank you, Yani :D , your pics are wonderful and just magic. (F) I looked through many times for this time.

Mumchook, thank you. :D Good luck good luck good luck to you with your first fishpond! (F) You will love it! If you live in WA I could share with you many water plants for free. 8)

Mitzy, helloooooo, are you there??? I could give you 10-20-30 plants for your fishpond too. :D

Hi, Froglover, thank you very muchhh. :D Yes, it’s perfect alternative to any regular design, you wrote GOLDEN WORDS! :idea:
About clover… Yes, this clover grows like a crazy. I already transplanted it in some containers. I had some leaves with roots from shop for free…now I could start to sell it, hehe. :lol: I like very much these floating leaves on water. And we have some other types of floating plants. You could see them on pics, it’s two yellow flowers together on one pic.
Yes, pond becomes wild with plants. I try to control it. :wink: Will see.
So now all I do with fishpond just clean every weekend and put more water every fird day.
When I jumped in first day I was shocked how many tiny “animals” live there! :shock: Even something like water spiders! :shock: Under some pots I founded strange grey water bugs I never seen before. :shock: And of course some dragon flies fly all the time there and many bees…Plus these naughty fishes tickled me…stopped me from work. :) I was yelling all the time. :lol:
I have 12 (cheap :oops: ) lights around now and in future I plan to cover them with plants to do more natural look. Now it looks like airport for UFO at night time, hehe. Anyway if aliens will come I hope they don’t break the pond liner. :lol:
Waterlily
Curator

Postby Pam » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:57 am

Now it looks like airport ....... at night time

Yes, it's very hard to avoid that look, isn't it?! :roll:
Pam
Garden Wizard

Postby hoddo » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:22 am

Justa word of warning.. snakes love ponds.. epecially red belly blacks, which feed on the frogs. They are good swimmers and will hide underwater. We have allready been surprised by a few in our pond, so now we use a stick to poke around a bit before doing pond maintenance. If you do come across one dont be afraid as they are all part of nature (and protected species as well) if you just leave them alone they soon move on .
hoddo
Curator

Postby Pam » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:34 pm

Yes, I have seen them swimming in what there is of our dam a few times - I was quite amazed the first time I saw it. That and water spiders - had never even heard of them before we came here.
Pam
Garden Wizard

Postby Waterlily » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:17 am

hoddo wrote:Justa word of warning..

:shock: :shock: :shock: OMG! Thank you very much, Hoddo!!! (F)
I already don't want to jump in :shock: ...and from yesterday I keep distance from water. :)

Pam, oh yeahhh :D , sometimes I even don't breath at pond area and try to record in my head these sounds of nature... :)
Waterlily
Curator

Postby Comeilotei » Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:32 pm

Froggy, when u said:

I have today pulled out lots of nardoo

I hope you have some unwanted ones to share...? I wouldn't mind a bunch in a container, I did have some once but they all died, not sure why. My pond's pretty green ATM. We are waiting for a filter to be specially made for us (we've had that many filters before and all have broken!) and the person who's making it is taking forever...patience patience Comeilotei...

I too went into my fishpond about 3 years ago to put a new tub of water lily in....NEVER AGAIN! :twisted: Had the worse rash all over my body that lasted for 2 weeks! :twisted: :twisted:

Comeilotei
Comeilotei
Plant a garden and you plant happiness!
Comeilotei
Garden Wizard

Previous

Return to Water Gardens