Sample Garden Sheds

This Forum is dedicated to the Garden Express Garden Shed Photo Competition. Entrants need to be Garden Express Forum members. This Competition has now closed.

Sample Garden Sheds

Postby ian » Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:20 pm

Here are some samples to get you thinking - as you can see unconventional is not a limitation:

ian
Site Admin

Postby Marrion » Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:41 pm

They are superb, Ian! I have been taking photos of sheds and barns for an Australian theme I was doing for our Ag show - wish I had those ones for it. :P Will be hard to match that standard :)
Marrion

Postby Pam » Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:58 am

Marrion, if you took the pics, regardless of where they are now, you still own copyright on them. Do you not still have the files somewhere on your computer? I expect there would be some absolutely wonderful sheds in Tasmania!
Pam
Garden Wizard

Postby Pam » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:27 pm

I notice the second one made its way into the latest catalogue, Ian - looks good!
Pam
Garden Wizard

Postby Shotgun Paul. » Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:46 am

Morning all,

Ian I just love the second one its fantastic if I had a yard big enough I
would go for this one.
Have a nice day everybody.

Regards,
Paul.
Shotgun Paul.
Head Curator

Postby kitkat » Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:19 pm

:D Oh Yes Paul I too like that one best.....it has a real country homy feel to it doesn't it...it reminds me a bit of the thatch roofed sheds that still survive here in the Wimmera...they are built of local Casuarina and straw thatch and some of them are just wonderful.My neighbour has one that once housed 18 draught horses and some of the tack is still hanging there....the feed trough is a huge hollowed out log that runs the full length of the centre of the shed and the horses fed from both sides.. I began to paint it but couldn't do it justice so gave up.
:idea: If I could get the logs from a fallen one I'd have a go at building a shed like that one.....now to go for a drive and see whats falling down around the area....oh ...no car.....put that idea on hold for now :cry:
kitkat
Head Curator

Postby Marrion » Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:44 pm

It sure is fantastic, would give my eye teeth for one like that, the one I have was my husband's "office" when he was working in the bush :lol:
Marrion

Postby ian » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:06 pm

Glad you like it - it is actually my brother's garden shed that he built himself several years ago - he wanted to use up some logs he had and tracked down some roofing that was suitably aged so the whole thing had that 'lived in' look straight away so that it blended into the surrounding garden..............
ian
Site Admin

Postby Marrion » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:50 pm

Didn't you con him to build one for you??
Marrion

Return to Garden Shed 2005 Photo Competition