And the winners are.............

This Forum is dedicated to the Garden Express Garden Shed Photo Competition. Entrants need to be Garden Express Forum members. This Competition has now closed.

And the winners are.............

Postby ian » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:23 pm

The debate amongst the judges has now died down, bribes have been collected and the criteria objectively considered. :o

The inaugural winners for the Garden Shed Photo Competition are:

1st prize - $200 Garden Express voucher - Marrion for the Sheila's Shed :D

2nd prize - $60 Garden Express voucher - kitkat for the Potting "Shed" :D

Congratulation to you both and good luck to everyone in the next Competition - I hope you all had fun and it has you now looking at garden sheds in a new light. :wink:

I am sure everyone will be inspired to come up with even more entries in the future Competitions. :D :D
Last edited by ian on Wed May 30, 2007 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
ian
Site Admin

Postby Marrion » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:45 pm

Thankyou so much, I am so rapt and excited that I have just called everyone I know on the telephone :lol: :lol: :lol:
I will put the voucher to good use I can assure you, thankyou again GE for running the competition and creating so much fun and interest among the members (Y) (Y) (Y)
Marrion

Postby Marrion » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:02 pm

Congratulations, Kitkat, I loved your rustic potting shed (Y) (Y) , do let us know what you buy won't you?
Marrion

Postby Luzy » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:26 pm

Congratulations Marrion and kitkat - how exciting! :D And great sheds! Hope you let us all know how you spend your vouchers! :D :D
Luzy
Garden Wizard

Postby Luzy » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:36 pm

Marrion, do you think it was the wine and the glasses that tipped it? Maybe we'd all better run out and plant a bit of a tipple with the spring bulbs! :lol:
Luzy
Garden Wizard

Postby Pam » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:29 pm

Woo hoo :!: Way to go ladies o Congratulations :!:

No one told me about bribes! :cry: I'm sure I could have come up with something .................. I think ............... well....................

Well deserved wins, ladies. Marrion, I just hope 'the girls' don't put their hands out for a share of your win! :lol:
Pam
Garden Wizard

Postby Marrion » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:49 pm

Thanks for your comments, everyone, I still am excited about it all :)
Yes, Luzy, I reckon wine will have to become another item for the garden toolbox :lol: :lol:
Forgot to tell you about the bribes, Pam, but all's fair in love and gardening :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ben, your smilies are wonderful, where do you find them all (Y)
Marrion

congrats

Postby jack » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:19 pm

Congrats Ladies, not sure what you are talking about bribing who?
may have to research that idea some.
Have fun spending the voucher's, should be able to fill the garden with bulbs if you preorder them now you get even more for your dollar.
I am still hoping to win in the spring photo comp but that has a lot of tough opposition in it and no idea about who has sent bribes :)
jack
Head Curator

Postby Marrion » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:31 pm

We were having a bit of fun with Ian's amusing comment, Jack :lol: :lol:
Thankyou for the nice comment. I am now thinking of more Spring bulbs, have already pre-ordered a few but now can be extravagant :lol:
Marrion

Postby Shotgun Paul. » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:15 am

Morning ladies and gentleman,

Congratulations ladies for a job well done on winning the competion.
Enjoy your win and have a nice day with it.

Regards,
Paul.
Shotgun Paul.
Head Curator

Postby Marrion » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:23 am

Thanks, Paul, we always knew you were a nice guy, you didn't fool us for a minute :lol: :lol:
Marrion

fun

Postby jack » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:25 pm

am a x files fan marrion and love a good conspiracy story :D
jack
Head Curator

Postby Pam » Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:05 pm

I am still hoping to win in the spring photo comp but that has a lot of tough opposition in it and no idea about who has sent bribes

The way things are going around here, Jack, I may well have to consider offering a bribe for the judges to ignore the fact that there are no Spring bulbs in my pics. :lol: Half have been and gone, and the other half, including the November Lillies look like they're going to hold out on me until, well, November! :(
Pam
Garden Wizard

Postby Marrion » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:25 pm

It's been a difficult year with bulbs this year, Pam. Perhaps GE will have a Summer competition and you can get in early with your Lillies (yn)
Marrion

summer comp

Postby jack » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:36 am

sounds like a good idea, summer i will have glaid, orchids and lillies in flower, plus more bulbs that i forget i have out their.
jack
Head Curator

Postby ian » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:58 am

I think there is a chance of a Summer Garden Comp - if you all promise to enter of course......................
ian
Site Admin

Postby Pam » Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:24 pm

I think there is a chance of a Summer Garden Comp - if you all promise to enter of course......................

With our water situation the way it is here at the moment I should have lots of colour for a summer pic - lots of colour, as long as you like brown, that is!
Pam
Garden Wizard

Postby ian » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:54 pm

I'd be interested to know what level water restrictions everyone has at present :( (or if you don't have any somewhere).
ian
Site Admin

water nazi's, my pet hate topic

Postby jack » Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:56 pm

Perth has had water restrictions since sep 2001, which is 2 years before sydney and was implemented when we got to around 20% of water in the dams. why the dams i dont know as they now only make up half our water supply and in two to four years will only make up 35% of perths supply.
to check the perth dam levels, which are at a 20 year high now and yes we still have water restrictions, pity this is not a election year. follow the link to the dams page
http://www.watercorporation.com.au/dams/dams_storage.cfm
according to the nazi party site, i mean water corporation site this is how the perth restrictions work:

All homes in Perth, Mandurah, Pinjarra and along the Goldfields Pipeline have been allocated two specific days each week when watering with sprinklers or reticulation systems is allowed. This is based on the last digit of your house or lot number.

Gardens can be watered by reticulation on the nominated days during either but not both of the morning or evening periods. The morning period is before 9am the evening period is after 6pm.

But the catch is i can stand on my front lawn all day every day with a hose and water the garden to excess, or i can use watering cans, just not sprinklers.
Dont get me wrong i am all for water wise ideas, but when its over 36 degrees some weeks in jan, feb and march, plus it dont drop below 30 in those months and can climb to a week of temps around 40 with night temps in the low to mid 20's, thank god their is little or no humidity. People in adelaide will know what i mean, you just dont get summer rain the further west you head in australia. Anyway your garden no matter how many plants you have in it from the sahara desert just plain old looks sick in these temps. i would prefer to see a permanent day time ban on watering no matter how you do it and allow us to water every 2nd day at the current hours (morning only for rose lovers and black spot haters).

Now perth's population is exploding, being the most wealthy state with the cheapest land does this to you, so for all you future west aussie migrants check out the following stats:
http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/dialogue/facts_pop.html
what is great about this government site, is it assumes water and food are a given and that no planning is required to get it.
so me feel you best either move now or stay on the eastern side of this continent. if this was a hotel we would have a no vacancy sign out the front.
jack
Head Curator

no water restriction

Postby jack » Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:07 pm

oh forgot ians other question, the no water restriction bit. well a hell of a lot of our wheatbelt that is not on the goldfield pipe is restriction free with drought funding to boot, hurt economy to restrict them water. Most of the north west of the state is restriction free (mining boom needs the water) and the really really sucky part, companies in perth can get exemptions from the restrictions just not irrigation exemptions, ie where i worked before we needed a constant flow of water to maintain freezers that are the size of football fields so firm got a letter exempting us from the ban. Oh yes, the one the abc radio listeners love :- councils have a sign that allows them exemptions, it reads sprinkler tests underway, amazing how a test happens every day for hours on end in the heat of the day. i asked water corp can i do sprinkler tests with or without a sign, answer was no, so i burned the sprinklers (in winter, summer has restrictions) and mailed the ball of melted plastic to the premier and now use a hose and watering can. but water bill is down this year a long long way.
So nice to know we live in a free state where people are treated differently depending on status and wealth.
jack
Head Curator

Next

Return to Garden Shed 2005 Photo Competition