Spring by the stairs

This Forum is dedicated to the Garden Express Spring Garden Photo Competition. Entrants need to be Garden Express Forum members. Please refer to the Competition Terms & Conditions and the specific Judging Criteria and Prize announcements. Competition now closed.

Spring by the stairs

Postby Luzy » Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:30 pm

It's all starting to happen! :D This is standing in our driveway looking to the side of our entry stairs. The spring starts are going for it, the cuban (I think) lillies are just starting to colour up, tulips from a mixed bag doing a bit of a splash, dutch iris having a good think about what they're supposed to do. And a few other bits and pieces...

:wink: :lol:
Luzy
Garden Wizard

Postby Pam » Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:40 pm

Very pretty and colourful! Your artist's touch shows in your colour co-ordination.
Pam
Garden Wizard

stars

Postby jack » Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:44 pm

the spring stars are looking good, mine are drappy compared to yours, please tell me yours are a few years old?
mine are one year old and scattered.
jack
Head Curator

Postby Luzy » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:12 pm

Hi jack, this is the spring stars' second season. I tend to, hmm, bundle things in a bit :oops: - actually had a big handfull left over from another planting and 'dropped' them there. They've swamped the grape hyacinth (never thought that could happen!). Mind you, they got confused and starting shooting in late Jan, so they've had a good grow :lol:
Luzy
Garden Wizard

Postby Marrion » Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:29 pm

Gorgeous photo, Luzy, such lovely colours working so well together, well done (Y)
Marrion

Return to Spring 2005 Garden Photo Competition