Budding "Apotheose" Daffodils ...

This Forum is dedicated to the Garden Express Spring Garden Photo Competition. Entrants need to be Garden Express Forum members. Please refer to the Competition Terms & Conditions and the specific Judging Criteria and Prize announcements. Competition now closed.

Budding "Apotheose" Daffodils ...

Postby Lea » Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:09 pm

Winter is hanging around here this year (the current rain is very welcome ;) ) ... here are our first Narcissus Apotheose - just buds as yet, but I think they look very pretty against the Australian Violets, Fuschias, and our little Rhododendron :D As the daffodil buds flower, I'll add more photos here 8)

And here are our latest photos of our pretty corner - as you can see, the buds have opened to these stunning Apotheose double daffs - I also hope to take more photos when more flowers open ;)

And again more photos of more newly opened Apotheoses ...

Last edited by Lea on Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The butterfly does not count years, but moments, and therefore has enough time." - Rabindranath Tagore
Lea
Head Curator

Postby Luzy » Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:48 pm

Bet you can't wait for those buds to pop open! They look great, a nice pocket of garden. And those violets look sensational - fantastic colour. :D 8)
Luzy
Garden Wizard

Postby Pam » Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:48 am

That's a lovely little spot you have there, Lea, and I love the way you used the lighting to such great effect. I hope you'll show us again when the daffs have opened?
Pam
Garden Wizard

Postby Lea » Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:01 pm

Thanks, Luzy and Pam :D Yes, Luzy, we love the violets too (Y) And Pam, I will indeed show you the flowers in bloom - I'm hanging out with the camera just waiting for them to open ;)
"The butterfly does not count years, but moments, and therefore has enough time." - Rabindranath Tagore
Lea
Head Curator

Postby Pam » Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:14 pm

Ha ha that would be me, and just as I was lining up the shot the batteries would go flat! :lol:

When I first got my camera it flattened a $10 set of duracells in 6 shots! :shock: Needless to say, it didn't take long to get rechargeable batteries, and a card that would hold more than a measly 13 shots!
Pam
Garden Wizard

Postby Luzy » Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:53 pm

Pam, as long as they were great shots, it'd have to be worth it, surely!! :lol:
Luzy
Garden Wizard

Postby Lea » Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:53 pm

:lol: LOL Pam - yes, we quickly discovered all about these problems ;) We bought a rechargeable battery pack, including four batteries, for $40 from K-mart, instead of the $75 we saw them for elsewhere ... and we were about to buy a 256Kb card for around $100, and walked into another store - Tandy - and found they had 512Kb cards for $80 (Y) 8)
Lea
Head Curator

Postby Pam » Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:58 pm

:( My cards are not so cheap - near on $100 for 128mb, and if I want to do panorama shots via the camera software, the card is about $160 for the Olympus brand one. I'll stick to doing it through the computer for that price!
Pam
Garden Wizard

Postby Lea » Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:15 pm

The Apotheose flowers have opened, and I've just added three more photos (Y) I added them to the first post, though, so that whoever looks at all the posts for the competition doesn't have to scroll down ;) I'll add more photos in the future when more flowers open, too 8)

Pam, we have well seen the massive price difference between branded cards and "no-name" - does your camera take a basic "Secure Digital" card? Check out unbranded versions - the Tandy DSE SD brand was half the price of the Kodak brand! ;)
Lea
Head Curator

Postby Marrion » Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:42 pm

What a pretty spot with the daffodils now open, the colours look great together, Lea, well done (Y)
Marrion

Postby Luzy » Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:08 am

Lovely Lea! And the dappled sunshine really complements your little cherub. 8)
Luzy
Garden Wizard

Postby Lea » Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:39 am

:D Thank you very much, Marrion and Luzy :D More photos to come - with more opened daffodils - in our digital camera waiting to be uploaded ;)

Luzy, thank you for mentioning our little statue :D It's a little boy cuddling a little bunny (Y) Very special to us, because of our history with three very special indoor house rabbits, who we call "puppy bunnies" because of their great affection - not enough people know how close bunnies can get to their humans if you just give them your time and companionship 8)
Lea
Head Curator

Postby Marrion » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:06 am

Will look forward to next batch of photos, Lea (Y)
I can relate to your bunnies, if you look at a photo of mine in this forum "Garden Seat" you will see I have a rabbit there, I call it Peter Rabbit and hide it around the garden for the little ones to find :lol: I also have a little statue that I cemented onto a broken bird bath of a little boy with a rabbit :D I planted an Astrantia to grow near it but so far it hasn't emerged from the soil, will post a photo if it ever happens (yn) I had a gorgeous Angora rabbit as a child that I used to dress up and wheel around in a pram :lol: :lol:
Marrion

Postby Lea » Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:20 pm

Thank you, Marrion 8)

That's really touching, about your angora rabbit when you were a child - so you know what I mean when I say "puppy-bunny" :D Oh yes, I see your little bunny beside your "Garden Seat" too - what a cute "Peter Rabbit" (Y) Your bird bath sounds pretty too - we too have several birds baths as well as several bunny statues ;)

And here's some more photos of our "Apotheose Daffodil alcove" - hope you like all these newly opened big flowers 8)
Lea
Head Curator

Postby Luzy » Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:45 pm

That's a really beautiful corner of your garden Lea, it's wonderful to see the daff's progress - and that those violets are still going, too!! 8)
Luzy
Garden Wizard

Postby Shotgun Paul. » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:17 pm

Afternoon all,

Yum,yum rabbit stew coming up let me know when the stew is on and Ill be there with knife and fork dont forget the veges now.

Regards,
Paul.
Shotgun Paul.
Head Curator

Postby Pam » Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:57 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Pam
Garden Wizard

Postby Luzy » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:43 pm

I sense a touch of wickedness there, Paul...

At least you could offer to provide the vegies... :roll: :roll:
Luzy
Garden Wizard

Postby Pam » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:33 am

:roll: :roll: :roll: Did your mother never tell you Paul, that you couldn't eat concrete rabbits?! They're not good for the digestion!
Pam
Garden Wizard

Postby Marrion » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:57 am

Maybe Paul has his eye on my Angora rabbit :shock: It would be a bit tough by now :lol:
Is that culitvator fixed yet? if not I suggest you borrow a trowel and start digging, it might keep you out of mischief for a while :lol: :lol:
Marrion

Next

Return to Spring 2005 Garden Photo Competition