Pretty Corner

This Forum is dedicated to the Garden Express Spring Garden Photo Competition. Entrants need to be Garden Express Forum members. Please refer to the Competition Terms & Conditions and the specific Judging Criteria and Prize announcements. Competition now closed.

Pretty Corner

Postby Marrion » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:01 pm

Was disappointed that the Chatham Island Forget-Me-Not didn't show its true blue colour in this photo, it was taken a little later later in the day than the one in the Gallery :-? There is a clump of Babiana in front of the Tulips but I never seem to be able to get my little displays to all flower at the same time. The recent rain has played havoc with the tulips :cry:

Marrion

Postby Luzy » Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:29 pm

That's a lovely grouping Marrion - great colours. That's a beautiful trunk, too. And I know what you mean about things not flowering together! :)
Luzy
Garden Wizard

Postby Pam » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:32 pm

Blues and purples are hard to capture, correctly, Marrion. Great picture, nonetheless!

I reckon it would be easier to find hens teeth than a garden around here with a significant amount of spring bulbs! I envy you being able to grow Chatham Island Forget-me-nots. Too warm here!
Pam
Garden Wizard

Postby Marrion » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:40 pm

Thanks, Pam, I must admit that I have been surprised how well this plant has performed. It looked such an exotic plant but have found it very easy to please :D
My sister also bought one at the same time as myself but hers died - she blamed the frosts in her area :(
Marrion

Postby Pam » Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:00 am

I'd love to see more pics of it as it gets bigger, Marrion, if you have the time. I have a vague recollection of having read (a few years ago) that it grows to about a metre - I imagine it would be quite stunning at even half of that.
Pam
Garden Wizard

Postby Lea » Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:07 pm

Beautiful colours, Marrion, and the aged tree trunk is magnificent (Y) :D I love the purple tulips in particular - are they "Negrita", or another? I always thought those Chatham Island Forget-me-nots looked beautiful in the GE catalogue - you've inspired me - I think I'll be getting some in the future 8)
"The butterfly does not count years, but moments, and therefore has enough time." - Rabindranath Tagore
Lea
Head Curator

Return to Spring 2005 Garden Photo Competition