Spring in the West part two

This Forum is dedicated to the Garden Express Spring Garden Photo Competition. Entrants need to be Garden Express Forum members. Please refer to the Competition Terms & Conditions and the specific Judging Criteria and Prize announcements. Competition now closed.

Spring in the West part two

Postby jack » Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:16 pm

Okay am trying to cut the post into two to save on downloading time.
from 1st september
from 2nd september
from 16 september
these are my some of my kangaroo paws, tip i was taught always leave the dry flowers on them to breakdown naturally.
more views of the paws and pond area
this pond is on the opposite side of my drive than the wildflower bed.
jack
Head Curator

Postby Luzy » Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:57 am

Wow jack, that paws and pond area is wonderful! (Y)
Luzy
Garden Wizard

pond

Postby jack » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:23 pm

i have the pond area under the main window for summer cooling and the paws are in the spillway for the pond. when the bulbs die down will get the mulching of the area completed.
now for todays photos:
The pagoda to the rear in this photo is where the waterfall for the pond starts, the water flows through this and down a series of rocks into pond.
this is other side of the pond garden, tree in the forefront is a acer negundo and will eventually replace the jacaranda tree in this area.
Here you see more kangaroo paws, freesia and the variegated grasses are dianella to the right and gardeners garters(Phalaris arundinacea) to the left, which are mowed once a year and tough enough to walk on.
a look from otherside of garden for a change
this is the fence garden which i heavily photographed in first series of shots from august, is its latest show of flowers
another shot from other side of garden, ie the fence garden
i just love this pink ranunculi (spelling sucks), is from a batch of all white ones i got from coles
jack
Head Curator

Return to Spring 2005 Garden Photo Competition