Ranunculi enhancing a 'garden feature'

This Forum is dedicated to the Garden Express Spring Garden Photo Competition. Entrants need to be Garden Express Forum members. Please refer to the Competition Terms & Conditions and the specific Judging Criteria and Prize announcements. Competition now closed.

Ranunculi enhancing a 'garden feature'

Postby Kerrie » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:09 pm

My very own home-grown little blossom - Max!

Kerrie
Kerrie
Curator

Postby Marrion » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:54 pm

Well done, Kerrie, so pleased you took Pam's advice (Y) (Y)
Marrion

Postby Kerrie » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:00 pm

Who am I to resist being urged to show off my baby boy? :lol:

Kerrie
Kerrie
Curator

advice

Postby jack » Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:23 pm

Did pam mention this condition of entry?

One of the criteria is that the garden should be achievable to a typical Australian gardener without unreasonable effort or expertise or expenditure. Ideally the photo would inspire others to try similar ideas in their own garden.

I think a baby is costly and takes effort and i am not inspired to grow babies. :D
Maybe we should have a cute kid the garden comp, my daughter will love that idea. :lol:
jack
Head Curator

Postby Kerrie » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:40 pm

Heh, it's all relative, Jack! (no pun intended)
By the definition "unreasonable effort or expertise or expenditure", I'd have to veto all chook sheds, because I'd have to go to EXTREME efforts to get my husband to agree to put one in the backyard! The bribery alone would bankrupt me :D

As a novelty photo, though, you have to admit it has a certain charm... but then, do you think there's a chance I'm biased? :wink:

Kerrie
Kerrie
Curator

no chance

Postby jack » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:05 am

no chance, tried that with daughter in shed competition and it did not even get a mention.
as for chook shed, me confused, do babies come from chook sheds?
jack
Head Curator

Postby Lara » Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:13 pm

Baby chickens do......I spend most of my time trying to keep my baby (who's a bit bigger) out of my flower beds! She loves to pick the buds, If she had her way I'd never see any flowers! Congrats on the garden critter, it's hard to take a bad photo with such great material hey :D
Lara
Pruner

Postby Sam » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:15 pm

Lara - encourage, encourage, encourage....

Our kids have grown with our garden - they're 4 and 6 now. Served broccoli a few weeks ago - yuk! - said "we grew this" the story changed - I've never seen kids eat so much!

Our girls love going into the garden and picking tomatoes, lettuce, herbs etc. It is amazing what they will try if 'they' grew it!

Good luck!
Sam
Garden Wizard

Postby Lara » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:45 pm

Isobel, my daughter, is always outside with me. Her Dad is a horticulturalist and landscape designer so I'm sure she'll be in with the thick of things soon, whether she wants to be or not :lol: At the moment she is 15 months old and thinks it's very funny when I say no or stop. I don't mind her playing in the dirt, it's the shoving plant matter in her mouth that concerns me, some of that stuff is poisonous! :shock:
Lara
Pruner

Return to Spring 2005 Garden Photo Competition