Just catching up.

A forum for casual conversations between gardeners about no particular topic. Please don't post gardening queries here as it is intended for general chat without getting in the way of the garden-related forum.

Moderators: Forum_mod, Pam, Sam, enrico, Shotgun Paul.

Just catching up.

Postby bubba louie » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:44 pm

We've settled right in up here on the range now. A new herb/ flower bed has gone in and is booming. The old neglected vege garden is coming back to life, with a couple new raised beds. All it needs now is to replace the old chicken wire fence to keep the bandicoots out. Little blighters dig like there's no tomorrow.

We're added several new fruit trees to the orchard and plan to take some out that aren't doing well. There's still a few I want to plant when I find them.

The house extension plans are nearly ready to go to council so I'm hoping it won't be too many more months before I actually have a laundry and enough room to seat more than four people at a time. The house is TINY.

We have a lovely wallaby doe with a joey at foot who seems to be a regular. More birds than I could ever name. We met our first Mountain Brushtail a few nights ago. They're quite different to the common brush tails we had in Brisbane. VERY big and much darker coloured. Our inside cat sniffed, nose to nose, with one through the screen door and was very laid back about it. He'd go berserk if it was another cat so I wonder what he thought it was. There goes my tomatoes growing in a pot on the verandah. LOL Who could possibly get mad at such a beautiful creature?

It's such a friendly place up here. One of our neighbours has been hosting the Reesville Christmas party for 25 years now, and there was a free community breakfast on Christmas Day at the Maleny neighbourhood centre. We were christmas orphans this year so one of the neighbouring property owners, same ones who own the nursery, took us in for lunch that continued on till after dark. :)
“Just living is not enough... One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.”
Hans Christian Andersen
bubba louie
Garden Wizard

Re: Just catching up.

Postby Pam » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:38 am

It all sounds fantastic, and the sort of place you could easily waste a lot of time just admiring the wildlife. Congratulations on the move. :)
Pam
Garden Wizard

Re: Just catching up.

Postby abwal » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:14 am

Not jealous - not -not - not........

Sounds as if you have found a bit of heaven BL. Hope you continue to enjoy it for a long, long time.
Gardening is sharing.
abwal
Garden Wizard

Return to Garden Log