My Vegie Garden

This is the Garden Express Themed Garden Photo Competition. Entrants need to be Garden Express Forum members. Please refer to the Competition Terms & Conditions and the specific Judging Criteria and Prize announcements. Entries closed June 12th 2006 and winner announced.

My Vegie Garden

Postby Pokie » Thu May 18, 2006 6:06 pm

This was my vegie garden last summer. Now it looks like a huge flat grassland... without the grass. Its very bare.

Pokie
Garden Wizard

Postby Luzy » Thu May 18, 2006 6:12 pm

Wow, looks great, Pokie! Bet you had a few good feeds out of that. The lavendar's a nice touch, too. :D (I don't think I've ever had a tomato stay where it's supposed to... :? )
Luzy
Garden Wizard

Postby Pokie » Thu May 18, 2006 7:47 pm

Luzy wrote:Wow, looks great, Pokie! Bet you had a few good feeds out of that. The lavendar's a nice touch, too. :D (I don't think I've ever had a tomato stay where it's supposed to... :? )

Thanks Luzy! I did, got plently of tomatoes and whatever else was in there - marrows, watermelons, eggplant, strawberries, parsley, rhubarb, thyme, lemon grass and PLENTY other. :)

The lavender attracted soooooo many bees to the tomatoes and I think they played a big part to their success this season. Need to prune it regularly though.

I've never had a runaway tomato though I have had a few self sowns. They fruit the best as they dont suffer from transplant shock.
Pokie
Garden Wizard

Postby kitkat » Sat May 20, 2006 12:01 pm

Nice prolific garden Pokie,
I know what mean by bare, I just pulled out three tomatoes and have two more to go that are still (would you believe ) still flowering and bearing good sized still green toms!(probably mean green tomato pickle soon I'm thinking.) The cabbages, broccoli, snow peas and sprouts are all too small yet to fill all the spaces left so it looks quite bare to me.
Smiles from SueB
[color=#40BF00]
Thanks for Sharing
Gardens..... food for Body and Soul.[/color]
kitkat
Head Curator

Return to Themed Garden 2006 Photo Competition