surplus

A forum for problem solving and exchanging ideas and knowledge related to the edible garden. Now includes sub-forum for sharing recipes and other ideas for using produce.

Moderators: Forum_mod, Pam, jack, Sam, Luzy

surplus

Postby Ann » Thu Dec 04, 2003 6:34 pm

My gardens are going great guns and as I have never been a great vege eater, I had to go to the library for some books! :oops: My collection does not seem to cover what I have. But as my daughter wants a dehydrator for fruit I am going to invest in one for what I cannot eat at any one time rather than just compost it. Next year I will get more fruits and herbs and maybe another bed-or just do a bit of digging. I should have asked the bobcat man to scrape an area but forgot. :(
I'm a bit like Bruce's spider; try, try, try again. Sonas, Ann
Ann
Garden Wizard

Postby Pam » Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:09 am

Ann, a lasagne garden = no digging, and very happy plants.
Pam
Garden Wizard

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 08, 2004 5:26 pm

The zucchinis got mildew and died but not before I had dried most of the crop. The tomatoes are doing well and also being dried and put in olive oil for winter. I have most of the herbs, and I need to start clearing and replanting. I still have to move the dayliles and put in cabbage and broccoli. The rest will get mulched for compost. It's cooled down a lot now. The surplus grass will be zapped!

Postby Pam » Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:33 am

Ann, I am guessing that you were guest again?

Can I ask, please, what you do with dried zucchini?
Pam
Garden Wizard

Return to Fruit and Produce