There's something in the air....

This is the Garden Express Summer Garden Photo Competition. Entrants need to be Garden Express Forum members. Please refer to the Competition Terms & Conditions and the specific Judging Criteria and Prize announcements. Entries closed March 16th 2007, judging complete and winners anounced.

There's something in the air....

Postby Phil » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:28 pm

[img][img]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e97/whinavi/P1080117.jpg[/img][/img]

....and it isn't love.
"It is better for the Earth if a man plants just one seed than if he becomes a politician"
Phil
Groundsperson

Postby The Estate » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:48 pm

Look up in the sky, is it a bird or a plane or what is it :shock: Cute pussy :P gotta name :roll:
The Estate
Garden Wizard

Postby Patricia » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:52 pm

Phil...excellent pic...does your cat have a bell attached??? (don't get me wrong I have had cats in the past)...but my biggest bugbear at the moment is my neighbours cat (some who read this will say here she goes again .....but I am constantly chasing it away from my lorikeets cage; always stalking the wild birds when they come in to feed & thirdly sits on the edge of fishpond & attempts to catch goldfish!!! & my neighbour has the hide to say it never goes out of their yard...they have gone on holidays this week & suddenly the blo**%% cat has gone crazy!!!! There I've had my RANT for the day!!!! :twisted: just wish people would consider other people & place a bell on the collar..it just might be a deterrent!!!
Tai Chi - Mind, body and spirit are all exercised simultaneously. The continuous flowing movements of Tai Chi are based on the principle that running water never stagnates. The gentle movements relax your muscles while strengthening your body and mind.
Patricia
Gardening Sage

Postby Phil » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:26 pm

Bruce is my neighbours cat and he has bells on his collar and rings on his toes, you better talk to her. Frankly, if one lived here I'd compost it.

He is a nice fella though, pathetic, but nice.

[img][img]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e97/whinavi/CopyofP1080115.jpg[/img][/img]
"It is better for the Earth if a man plants just one seed than if he becomes a politician"
Phil
Groundsperson

Postby The Estate » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:30 pm

Oh dear Phil, looks like he doesn't have a mean bone in his body :roll: or are you just a pussy hater :twisted:
The Estate
Garden Wizard

Postby Shotgun Paul. » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:17 pm

The Estate wrote:Look up in the sky, is it a bird or a plane or what is it :shock: Cute pussy :P gotta name :roll:

Yeah :!: :!: :!: PUSSY. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Shotgun Paul.
Head Curator

Postby Shotgun Paul. » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:19 pm

Patricia wrote:Phil...excellent pic...does your cat have a bell attached??? (don't get me wrong I have had cats in the past)...but my biggest bugbear at the moment is my neighbours cat (some who read this will say here she goes again .....but I am constantly chasing it away from my lorikeets cage; always stalking the wild birds when they come in to feed & thirdly sits on the edge of fishpond & attempts to catch goldfish!!! & my neighbour has the hide to say it never goes out of their yard...they have gone on holidays this week & suddenly the blo**%% cat has gone crazy!!!! There I've had my RANT for the day!!!! :twisted: just wish people would consider other people & place a bell on the collar..it just might be a deterrent!!!

oR A shotgun. 8) 8)
Shotgun Paul.
Head Curator

Postby The Estate » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:29 pm

Shotgun Paul. wrote:
The Estate wrote:Look up in the sky, is it a bird or a plane or what is it :shock: Cute pussy :P gotta name :roll:

THAT'S it Paul, no you go to your room, and your gun will be confiscated for a MONTH :twisted:
The Estate
Garden Wizard

Postby The Estate » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:29 pm

Shotgun Paul. wrote:

THAT'S it Paul, no you go to your room, and your gun will be confiscated for a MONTH :twisted:
The Estate
Garden Wizard

Postby Patricia » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:40 pm

oR A shotgun. ...Shotgun Paul...gee I hope that my brother hasn't found this site.. :( .that was his suggestion on another forum...& it took him months too win back any friends!!! :shock: :shock:
Tai Chi - Mind, body and spirit are all exercised simultaneously. The continuous flowing movements of Tai Chi are based on the principle that running water never stagnates. The gentle movements relax your muscles while strengthening your body and mind.
Patricia
Gardening Sage

Postby Comeilotei » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:37 pm

Bruce is just gorgeous Phil! Thanx for sharing his pic!

Comeilotei
Comeilotei
Plant a garden and you plant happiness!
Comeilotei
Garden Wizard

Postby Phil » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:48 pm

He certainly is Comeilotei.

Big bad Bruce's mother is on holidays so he is at a bit of a loose end which is why he's loitering in my yard.

Cheers.
Phil
Groundsperson

Postby tilly » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:57 pm

they say every picture tells a story and this ones sure does :) ...Bruce is a very interesting name for a cat :o ....wonder how it was picked.....
You can bury a lot of troubles digging in the dirt. ~Author Unknown
tilly
Gardening Sage

Postby Shotgun Paul. » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:52 pm

The Estate wrote:
Shotgun Paul. wrote:

No :evil: :evil: :evil: and you touch my gun and hell to pay for it. :twisted: 8) 8)
Shotgun Paul.
Head Curator

Postby Luzy » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:16 pm

Goodness, Phil - Bruce is a bit of a charmer... Bet he puts on that butter-wouldn't-melt face just for you... :D
Luzy
Garden Wizard

Postby Phil » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:12 am

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:16 pm bu Luzy.

Goodness, Phil - Bruce is a bit of a charmer... Bet he puts on that butter-wouldn't-melt face just for you... Very Happy. : )

He's a pathetic little sook Luzy and loves to play hard to get but responds if ignored. 8)
Phil
Groundsperson

Postby belladonna » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:16 pm

our late 14yr old cat Bubbles had 5 bells it didn't deter him.Excuse me but if anyone was threatening a member of my family in that way they might find themselves eating a shotgun sandwich.
The glory of the garden: hands in the dirt,
head in the sun,heart with nature.
To nurture a garden is to feed
not just the body ,but the soul.
Alfred Austin 1835-1913
belladonna
Senior Curator

Return to Summer Garden 2007 Photo Competition