Spring in the West final?

This Forum is dedicated to the Garden Express Spring Garden Photo Competition. Entrants need to be Garden Express Forum members. Please refer to the Competition Terms & Conditions and the specific Judging Criteria and Prize announcements. Competition now closed.

Spring in the West final?

Postby jack » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:24 am

Garden is just about spent for spring, been spring here in july and winter here in september and spring for part of august and winter for other part. so this garden is now wind damaged after yet another few nights of storms and rain, but thought to get some last shots (maybe will post some of roses later)

Yes their was plenty of perfume coming from the boronia.
This paw is reaching new heights, will look great when it opens.
jack
Head Curator

Postby Lea » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:26 pm

Wow, the anemones are really pretty, Jack - you're inspiring me to plant some next year (Y) :D
"The butterfly does not count years, but moments, and therefore has enough time." - Rabindranath Tagore
Lea
Head Curator

anemones

Postby jack » Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:43 am

I was so sceptical about having pastel anemones, thought it to old world, but when i saw the flower displays this year and how they lift you up on a cold winters, sorry cold spring day made me know it was right to put them in. also where these ones are i have gladi's still waiting to appear and some dahlia's as well, so the bed has around 7 months of colour in that small spot a year.
have 100's literally of them in various spots, which in april will move around to put more focus on areas that this spring stood out more than others.
also my spring stars are all getting moved and being planted a lot closer than growing guide says, like the look of them in clumps.
jack
Head Curator

Return to Spring 2005 Garden Photo Competition